Monday, July 6, 2009

Life without a round pen

There is not a round pen at our new home so there is definitely going to be some adjustments to be made. I thought maybe lunging would be better than having the 2 reins today and decided it was time for him to work with the saddle on. Sarah was my guest photographer today. Don't get used to seeing me in so many pictures.......can't say I like it much. I don't know if it is the saddle or the angle (Sarah is shorter than me) but oh my, he looks huge here. It gives me hope that even if he's the perfect height (15'3-16h), he should take up my leg just fine!

He had heard that his Wisconsin cousins have been making fun of his poor excuse for a buck. Um, I think he has found the up button since we moved.



Oh my, we missed a shot of his front end way off the ground too, but this should give you an idea. Never mind about needing an action shot, feet on the ground again please Sammy.



Ah, that's much better. Let's just pretend we're in the round pen, ok?

Saddle, only a lunge line and the temperature was only in the 80's this afternoon, thanks to a thunderstorm that came through earlier. He definitely was feeling pretty good.


But, we successfully accomplished a pretty walk and trot a few times when asked and that was all I was hoping for.



All in all, I'd say he was pretty pleased with himself.


No comments: