Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chomping at the bit

Today was the day Sammy met the bit and bridle. He was a very good boy but could not understand about this chewy thing in his mouth. And chew on it he did. He was very confused that it would not come out of his mouth if he dropped his head and opened his mouth. My ebay purchase to use for practice fit him pretty well. I still have some adjusting and fine tuning but all in all, it was very undramatic.
He chewed on the bit like it was chewing gum (and the hundred of peppermints we gave him) for about 15 minutes then we called it a day. He had no trouble spitting it out and seemed very proud of himself.
Then he got some practice standing like a good boy for the horse show. Not ready to try with the bit and bridle yet, but he will be soon. I was at the wrong angle when I took this so he looks a little light behind.....but he is not.

This is from a better angle but he bent his front leg a smidge. At least his ears are up. You can't win them all.........Sarah trotted him for me and he actually has a real floaty trot with very little knee bend. He didn't have a big reach with his shoulder but I will try to trot him out with a bigger step when we show him. No, pictures of that....I was too busy watching.


No comments: